We offer our guests the authentic experience of a real Alaskan deckhand working with our set-netting operation.
After you purchase a commercial fishing license you’ll have the opportunity to pick salmon out of our gill nets, learn to identify multiple species, bleed the fish and fillet.
Make your Reservation now!
Your Experience Includes All of the Following:
• Lunch with us on the beach or over-looking the harbor. We provide a delicious lunch of your choice from a local cafe.
• Tour of Seldovia Bay. You’ll experience the breath-taking views, have encounters with marine mammals, and we guarantee you’ll make the memories of a lifetime!
• Commercial Salmon set gill-netting. We’ll head out in our skiff to pick the salmon out of our nets. You’ll learn how to ‘pick fish’ safely and quickly, identify and sort the different species of salmon, care for the fish by properly bleeding and icing, and even learn how to fillet.
• A fillet to take home*. Or to have cooked by the pros in Seldovia at the local Linwood Bar and Grill or at Captain Pattie’s on the Homer Spit. If you’d rather stay in, most B&B’s offer the use of a BBQ. You can also purchase seafood or arrange for you fish to be processed and shipped from Seldovia by Brent & Raewyn Weyer to your doorstep when you return home from your travels. *Per party
• We customize your experience based on what’s interesting to you. Want to perfect your fillet technique? We can spend more time cutting fish. Just like to hear stories about fishing? We can spend more time drinking coffee and talking story. Want to explore the area? We’ll take extra time exploring the coastline from our skiff. Want to stretch your legs? We can take a hike.
Trips are about 4 hours – usually mid-late morning to early afternoon, depending on your schedule.
$150 + $30 Alaska Commercial Fishing License
We fish every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during the hottest part of our salmon season, June 1st through the end of July.
Our fishing schedule and guided trips vary due to the weather and tides and what most interests you. We can also work around your schedule and are happy to make any 4 hour block of time you have work.
Feel free to contact us with questions or for more information or to customize your trip!